Tarquin's Gin School
GIN SCHOOL – PADSTOW
Experience the tantalising Tarquin’s Distilling Masterclass at our Gin School in the centre of Padstow. Located just 10 minutes from our distillery, we’ve created a unique, hands-on experience where you get to make your very own one-of-a-kind bottle of gin to take home.
Back in 2012, Tarquin set out on a year long experiment to learn how to make gin. His dream was to make gin in the morning, and be free to go for a surf in the afternoon – but first he needed a gin to put his name to.
Over the course of a year and hundreds of experiments, Tarquin created his first bottle of Tarquin’s Cornish Gin on a tiny copper pot still in his kitchen at home, a humble start for a distillery that has won World’s Best Gin at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Now it’s your turn!
We’re really looking forward to sharing Tarquin’s original process and experience with you; you’ll be able to pick your own selection of botanicals, fire up your own copper pot still and go through the exact same process Tarquin did over the course of a year, in a couple of hours! We cannot wait to see what you create!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE
Keeping Everyone Safe
There are a few requirements to make all our team and visitors safe. Please make sure you:
- Bring a mask to be worn throughout the distilling masterclass (we will have some available too)
- Use the hand sanitiser we have available when entering or leaving our gin school.
If you have any questions before your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your booking reference number in the email.
Tarquin’s Gin School
THE TARQUIN’S GIN SCHOOL – A DISTILLING MASTERCLASS
- Tarquin’s Gin and Tonics
- Tarquin’s Tasters
- 70cl custom-made gin to take home
- An introduction to Tarquin’s process and experiments
- An array of local, familiar and exotic botanicals for you to choose from to make your own gin in a mini copper pot still
- BYOB – Bring your own botanical! If you have something special, feel free to bring along something you’ve grown in the garden, or a favourite spice from your travels
- Label, Wax and Sign your own bottle with your individual tasting notes
- Approximate school runtime 2 hours to 2.5 hours
Over 18’s only. Please get in touch if you have any access requirements.
A soft drink option will be made available on arrival for those not drinking.
1 person per booking – 1 person per still
Admission: £85 per person
Tour days and times
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 12 Midday
Price Per Person £85
HOW TO GET HERE
Tarquin’s Gin School and Shop
First and foremost we'd like to stress the importance we place on responsible drinking. Samples will be poured in moderation - to be enjoyed and savoured.
Therefore, if you're making your own way to and from the gin school, please ensure that you have a designated driver organised. Thank you for respecting this.
Postcode for Sat Nav:
Tarquin’s Gin School and Shop - 2-4 Lanadwell St, Padstow PL28 8AN
Pay and displays are available around Padstow, unfortunately we do not have designated parking for the Gin School